Are you traveling to Tokyo soon?
How would you like to have the option to do a Guided tour through the city FREE?
Well, that's what gives you the organization "Tokyo Free Guide"
Tokyo Free Guide is a free tourist guide service to foreign visitors. This is a non-profit organization that began operating in 2004, are some 150 English speakers, español, Italian, French, Chinese and Korean, among other languages.
The guide service is free, but you have to pay for transportation and tickets to places visited by the guides. If you must not enter or move to the metro and in the walking tour around Shinjuku, then goes free. On transport look: 'Getting around Tokyo Public Transport'
The guided tours are the starting point Tokyo Tourist Office, located at the Metropolitan Government Building. It is near Shinjuku, there is even an underground tunnel that leads from the station to the building. (Take the opportunity to free up the lookout towers)
You can see other: 9 Free viewpoints Tokyo
The routes are from Monday to Friday and start at 13h except some that do at 10am. The duration is about 3 hours.
How to book free guided tours in Tokyo?
You have to fill out a form online, the sooner you do it better can cost find a volunteer with Spanish. (You can register from 1 month prior to 3 days before). They have a formed group will send you an email confirming.
What courses can I choose?
There 10 different:
- 1. Walk through gardens and practice of the tea ceremony
- 2. Center Shinjuku Depa-chika. This is what comes totally free as public transport is not taken, It is only on foot.
- 3. Clear, Asakusa! Asakusa: Tradition and modernity come together in Tokyo
- 4. Ryougoku, with a neighborhood atmosphere sumo Edo
- 5. The Imperial Garden and External
- 6. History and nature 30 minutes Shinjiku
- 7. Área de Market: walk through a garden with history and driverless train ride
- 8. Walk around Harajuku and sanctuary
- 9. Japanese streets and oasis in the city center
- 10. Architecture tour Japan and Palace of the Diet
More information on their website: http://www.gotokyo.org/es/tourists/guideservice/guideservice/
Tokyo tourism office: http://www.gotokyo.org/en/index.html
Free guided tours organized by cities: Free Tours with local guide in Europe
More Japan Low Cost information here